Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ready or Not...

    Nine months ago, the most wonderful thing happened. I became pregnant. Tomorrow, after nine months of the craziest ride I've ever been on, I will give birth to the biggest dream I ever dared dream. Miss Ayla Jane Sanvictores is scheduled to be compelled into this world.
    After repeated hints from my doctor, we decided that it was prudent to schedule to induce labor the day after my due date to avoid any unnecessary complications caused by the size of the baby. For the last two weeks, Adrian and I have prepared and finally, the day has come!
    I suppose I should want things to happen on their own, but I feel more and more fortunate that I know the exact date and circumstances that all the excitement will begin. Moreover, I won't have to worry about any embarrassing incidents in the Target checkout line or whether my doctor will be in town. Everything will be monitored and controlled. Even better, my doctor broke down the timing and expectations for the progress of the labor tomorrow, so I don't have to worry about whether I'm going to be suffering for hours without need.
    My mother is coming in town to help support Adrian and myself. Adrian and I have spent the day cleaning and preparing and shortly after I log off from posting this I'll be tucking myself in for the last time as a pregnant woman waiting to be a mommy.
    It seems almost surreal that the day is already here and I find it hard to believe that this time tomorrow night I'll be holding my baby girl after dreaming about her for so long! One thing is certain though, we'll be enjoying a wonderful Christmas this year, the first as a real family! So in case I don't have a chance to post again, merry Christmas and happy New Year to everyone! I'll post pictures and more news when I get a chance. Catch you all on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment