Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Tumbleweeds and Canaries

    Well, it's been a few weeks since I last posted and for good reason! School is officially out for the summer and I'm now working at an internship downtown; a nice change from what I had previously planned... A class on wills and estates. It's not quite the break that I was hoping for but I'll take whatever I can get!
    Meanwhile, Ayla has been blossoming! I'm still waiting for an official crawl but she took a half-step the other day and enjoys rocking back and forth on her hands and knees. She has definitely caught on to rolling both ways and that has become her main mode of transportation. Baby-proofing has already begun. She's now sitting up straight like a champ and wants to hold her own bottle, whether she's able to get any milk or not. It's amazing how quickly she catches on to things once she sets her mind to it. It's also amazing how stubborn she becomes when she decides to be. (Doesn't sound familiar at all, right?!) Her new big thing is pulling up onto her knees. That's a new trick she discovered yesterday as she was trying to harass the dog and grab my phone. Now she's trying this hybrid crawl/stand thing and can't quite get either one right. It's funny to watch!
    We've also started her on cereal in the evenings and I was amazed at how quickly she took to eating from a spoon. The one crazy "Ayla" habit she has is sticking her thumb in her mouth after every bite. It's not as bad now as it was when we first started but it's pretty funny to watch! I'll try to post a video later. The next step is to try out mashed up fruits and vegetables with this handy little contraption. You place softened foods inside the mesh bag and it instantly becomes a veggie- or fruit-popsicle. I'm excited to see if it works. A friend also told me about reuseable bags that act almost like a sippy for pureed foods. Imagine a Capri-Sun for baby food. Not so excited about the inevitable stinky poopy to follow. I've also decided that I'd like to try to avoid jarred baby foods if possible. We need to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables ourselves anyways, and with a little planning ahead, I'm hoping that it won't be too big of a hassle.
    My most favorite new trick of Ayla's is her constant singing in the car! It's just vowels and babbling, but to me, it's the sweetest sound in the world! Most of the time, I'll join in with her and she likes that, but every once in a while, I'll let her take the solo. She's actually been doing it for months but not as consistently as she does it now. I think my joining in has encouraged her to do it more often! She's a really fun buddy on the morning commute when she doesn't pass out!

No comments:

Post a Comment